none
Windows Server 2012 RDP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have recently installed a server 2012 and configured remote access and users are able to access RDP from all clients. Recently Windows 7 machines are not able to access the remote desktop, its shows an error "This computer can't connect to the remote computer. Try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator. " I have disabled the network level authentication from local policy but the issue still exists.

Windows 10 machines are able to connect the remote desktop.  

Please help me to resolve the same. 

Thanks.

Friday, May 3, 2019 7:41 AM

All replies

• hi,

0 can you enter winver in command prompt on win7 computer and look the os version and os version number ?[for example windows 7 enterprise sp1 ?
    1 can you enter mstsc in command prompt and look rdp version ,is it rdp 8.0 or rdp 8.1 ?like picture
    2 if you turn off firewall and virus software
    temporarily on win7 ,will the problem persist ?
    3 if the problem persist ,we can try clean boot then check the result?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
    4 check update and install patches on win 7 and look if the problem persist ?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 10:44 AM
  • Is there any progress on your question?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:54 PM
  • Is there anything to help you?

Monday, May 20, 2019 2:15 AM