none
Creating Task in a Project of Project Server 2013 - Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have made an integration between Project Server 2013 and Exchange 2013 for the tasks of user.

It's working fine but I've got a little question. Is it possible from Exchange to create a task in a specific project of Project Server ? Because when I create a task, even if I'm in the Exchange folder of the project, the task is created as a Personal Task.

So, how can I, with Exchange, specify where I want to create my task ?

Thanks,

Patmol

Friday, February 28, 2014 1:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Patmol,

Could you please check if task added in outlook for specific project is not waiting for task approval. Normally when team member add new tasks from pwa, it goes thorough approval process and only after project manager approval it gets added to the plan (unless auto approval rule is set). I am suspecting same may be true when you add tasks from outlook.

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Friday, February 28, 2014 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

The task is not waiting for approval, during my tests, I set an auto approval rule.

And when I check in SharePoint my tasks, to see where Exchange put the tasks, they are under the personal category.

Thanks to you for your answer.

Monday, March 3, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Hello Patmol,

I was able to reproduce it. Any tasks added in exchange folder get added as personal task. This turned out to be the design behavior. A Task created in Exchange is considered to be a personal task. It can be added to the project plan from personal task by clicking on it and then selecting the Project Name.

There is document which contains information on "My Tasks Aggregation in SharePoint Server and Exchange Task Integration". You can download it using below link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38799

Hope this helps.

Thank you,

Kiran K.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:46 PM