none
error with SharePoint 2010 item level restore RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we are using SCDPM 2010 to protect SharePoint 2010 with SQL Server 2008. Backup works fine - also recovery of web application/site collection works fine. But as soon as I try an item level recovery I receive an error saying that "DPM failed to communicate with protection agent on target server bacuase agent is not responding ID 43".

Communication between DPM and target server is fine (the restoration of web application works just fine). I also tested communication (file shareing, rpc, connectivity to SCM, wmi/dcom) and all test were fine. There is no firewall blocking communication. I restarted the protection agent on the target host which was no problem and checked if vss writer were running.

I also uninstalled the protection agent and re-installed it but nothing changed. Still not able to do item level recovery.

I found an error on the traget host in event log saying:

Faulting application name: DPMRA.exe

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll

Source: Application Error

Event ID: 1000

That is the only error I found and I tried to find some answers in internet but so far didn't find anything to solve this issue. So any ideas how to solve this issue would be really great.

Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Looks like the DPMRA is crashing. Can you look up the dpmracurr.log.crash file on the WFE and paste the stack trace here? When you say item level recovery, can you specify what exactly you are recovering ( doc/list/list item). Also can you check if you are specifying a shared folder as the temporary location? Please check the following link.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd569123.aspx#SharePointFailsOnSharedFolder2

Roopesh

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 1:21 PM
  • Are you able to do the recovery now?
    Thanks, Nutesh Garg [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 5:50 AM
  • I'm assuming that post by Roopesh has been helpful. I'm marking this as answered. If not please reopen the thread.

Regards, Deepan [This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.] [P.S. If the post answers your question or guides you about what you're looking for, please mark it as answered.]
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:30 PM