External access with out Edge Server ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Ppl, 

i have a simple  question and  i hope  i got a simple  answer for it, is there anyway to make the External access  for my  SKype for business  server 2015 without Edge Server ?

Monday, November 26, 2018 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi.

It's simple answer - VPN.

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Monday, November 26, 2018 6:10 PM
  • Hi Ayman,

The supported and best way for SFB external access is via and Edge server and over the internet.

VPN and DirectAccess might just add latency to the Lync traffic lowering the user experience.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, December 17, 2018 5:56 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this query, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 3, 2018 4:25 PM