Cannot Search Corportate Directory in Phone App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been running 8.1 for a month or so and have run into an slight usability issue that cannot seem to resolve.

In Windows Mobile 8.0 I was able to search my corporate directory (Office365) from directly within the Phone application to locate and dial a contact. If I searched for a unknown contact I had the option to search the corporate directory which allowed me to select who I was looking for and display their office and mobile numbers. This system worked beautifully!

In 8.1 if I search for an unknown contact within the Phone application I no longer have the option to search the corporate directory. What's worse I cannot seem to find any settings that allow me to re-enable this lost functionality.

Now if I need to dial someone that's not in my contact list I have to create an email to the individual, click and open the name and then search the corporate directory to locate their office and mobile numbers. While this workaround works its too many steps and is impractical.

Does anyone know if Microsoft has removed this feature or if it can be re-enabled?

Regards!

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:56 PM