Jump lists not working for some programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, jump lists are not working in the start menu and taskbar for Microsoft Office Excel and Word 2007. Confusingly, Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007 has a jumplist, along with notepad etc. I've tried the regedit solutions (go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\etc.) tried pinning/unpinning the program, deleting everything in the AutomaticDestination file. But nothing seems to work...

On top of running microsoft office 2007, the computer came with Microsoft Office Word&Excel Starter 2010, which have jump lists too. It may be because I have 2 types of Microsoft Office running on my computer but I don't know how to check if that's the problem, or how to solve it if it were the problem.

Hope to get an answer soon! Thanks so much!

Monday, October 10, 2011 10:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform following tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Perform a Clean Boot then check whether this problem again

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Clean Boot is a step of troubleshooting, we can go back to normal by running MSCONIFG.

2 Reset jump list with these steps:

1)      Click “Start”

2)      Open a command prompt

3)      Input these two commands

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations\*

4)      Reboot PC

3 Create another user account to see if the same issue occurs.

Also I want to know whether this problem only occurs in Office? Did you try to set Word 2007 and Excel 2007 as the default program?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 9:41 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:28 AM