locked
Microsoft Office with AppV DSC RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have couple of applications which generates report with word or excel.. I have used DSC to link my application package to Office package but it doesn't work..

    I did read few forums and made changes to vbe6.dll path to use long name but still its not working..

    Any ideas or workarounds?

     
    Friday, March 15, 2013 4:18 PM

Answers

  • Thanks everyone for replies but i got it working..I added Office web component to my Office package and linked it to my primary and its working now...

    Thanks,

    • Marked as answer by Rohan_T Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rohan_T Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rohan_T Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:08 PM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

    • What does "it doesn't work" mean exactly? What's the behaviour?
    • DSC is designed for middleware (Oracle client, JRE etc), not for linking primary packages such as Office. Potentially you are hitting limitations of DSC


    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.


    This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

    Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

    Friday, March 15, 2013 6:20 PM
    Moderator
  • Basically primary application generates a report and then you get an option to either open it up with word or excel... If you select any one of them it gives out an error (different for different application)...

    So there is no way we can have dependencies between office and other application packages??

    Friday, March 15, 2013 6:40 PM
  • Hello,

    1. Office is not supported as a secondary package. Include Office in the primary package

    2. You could potentially be opening Excel via a COM-object. That's a different topic and the only suggestion I have is to set LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED = TRUE. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I suggest you open a Microsoft call.


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Saturday, March 16, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Thanks everyone for replies but i got it working..I added Office web component to my Office package and linked it to my primary and its working now...

    Thanks,

    • Marked as answer by Rohan_T Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rohan_T Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rohan_T Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:08 PM
    Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:22 PM