June CU update failing causing Front end to stop in SBA. RRS feed

• Question

• Error:

Failed to perform last user action 'Install ASM Update'.
    Last Install ASM Update step took 9 mins, 31 secs.
    Additional Information: Install Packages Failed :An update for Skype Server 2015: Update failed (1603): CustomAction CA_InstallDBonPatchInstall returned actual error code 1603 “

Product: Skype for Business Server 2015, Front End Server -- Error 29024. Error 0x80004005 (Unspecified error) occurred while executing command 'C:\Windows\system32\\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe'. For more details, check log file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\LCSSetup_Commands.log'.

good

Thanks in Advance

Suroj

suroj

Monday, November 14, 2016 7:00 PM

Answers

• Thanks a lot Jim. Issue was with permission on C drive due to GPO. After GPO was disabled issue resolved. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

• Marked as answer by suroj Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:52 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:22 PM
  • Hi Suroj,

Glad you found the fix and thanks for letting us know. Did the other log file help ?

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Marked as answer by suroj Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:53 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Anyone get chance to review this?

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:32 PM
  • Hi Suroj,

Are you able to provide contents of log file listed 

C:\Windows\TEMP\LCSSetup_Commands.log'

Thanks

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 2:44 PM
  • Hi Martin,

Thank you for the reply. I have attached the log.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67213903/share/LCSSetup_Commands.7z

Thanks
    Suroj

suroj

Tuesday, November 15, 2016 4:43 PM
  • Hi suroj,

Welcome to our forum.

By logs which you post, please make sure there is no connectivity between FE and SQL, include Ping and DNS resolving.

For a testing, we could disable firewall and A/V software on FE when we install updates.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hi Suroj,

I see a a couple of things

Type: System.IO.IOException, Message: The network name cannot be found.

Please check DNS and firewall as Jim suggests also theres another log file referenced on line 172 and 173 which would be good to see as well.

Thanks,

Martin

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:25 AM
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Ping to front end main pool  is ok. Tried disable firewall but no luck.

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

Friday, November 18, 2016 9:13 PM
  • Hi Martin,

Thank you for the reply. Tried disabling the firewall but no luck.

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

Friday, November 18, 2016 9:14 PM
  • Hi suroj,

If you are usins SQL default instance, please makes sure default instance has been checked as the following link:

http://www.wavecoreit.com/blog/2015/skype-for-business-sql-error-system-io-ioexception-the-network-name-cannot-be-found/

Then, make sure network share is enabled on SQL server as the following link:

http://blog.rassie.dk/2013/03/lync-server-2013-monitoring-database-installation/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.   

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, November 20, 2016 3:30 AM
  • Hi Suroj

Did you also look in the other log file i mentioned?

Thanks

Martin

Monday, November 21, 2016 9:29 AM
  • Hi Martin,

Sorry which two file you are referring?

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

Monday, November 21, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Hi Suroj,

Its on Line 172 and line 173 of the drop box log file.

hope this helps.

Martin

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 10:25 AM
  • Thanks a lot Martin. Issue was with permission on C drive due to GPO. After GPO was disabled issue resolved. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Thanks a lot Jim. Issue was with permission on C drive due to GPO. After GPO was disabled issue resolved. Really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

• Marked as answer by suroj Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:52 AM
  • Hi Suroj,

Glad you found the fix and thanks for letting us know. Did the other log file help ?

Martin

• Marked as answer by suroj Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:53 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:13 PM
  • Hi Suroj,

Thanks for your back. By your post, this issue has been solved, please mark it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Thank you for your sharing again.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:17 AM
  • Hi Martin,

That log helped too.

Thanks

Suroj

suroj

Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:53 AM
  • Sure, Thanks Jim

suroj

Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:53 AM