Obtaining multiple signatures on a protected Word template. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I asked this question on the Microsoft Word forum but was directed to this one:

Does anyone have experience using the signature feature in a Microsoft Word form template that is protected?  I'd like to be able to obtain multiple signatures while routing the form electronically.  So far I have found that once the first signature is obtained it saves the form in a "read only" format - so it can't go any further to add another signature.

Or, is anyone familiar with the workflow in SharePoint - would I be able to route the form for signatures using SharePoint workflow?

Thank you!
    Jeanne

Friday, April 8, 2011 2:09 PM

Answers

• The first question is clearly a Word-only question ("Does anyone have experience using the signature feature in a Microsoft Word form template") so I suggest you edit it out here.

[Note: Unless you mean a Word template as used in a SharePoint document library - however there was no mention of SharePoint in that first paragraph]

The second question is a SharePoint workflow question. There's a SharePoint workflow forum it should go to.

Please confirm that you are using WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007 - and if not, which SharePoint product?

P.S. I'll move this to the workflow forum if you edit out the purely Word paragraph (and reply to this post when you have done so so that I get an alert)

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, April 15, 2011 3:04 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 2:42 PM

All replies

• The first question is clearly a Word-only question ("Does anyone have experience using the signature feature in a Microsoft Word form template") so I suggest you edit it out here.

[Note: Unless you mean a Word template as used in a SharePoint document library - however there was no mention of SharePoint in that first paragraph]

The second question is a SharePoint workflow question. There's a SharePoint workflow forum it should go to.

Please confirm that you are using WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007 - and if not, which SharePoint product?

P.S. I'll move this to the workflow forum if you edit out the purely Word paragraph (and reply to this post when you have done so so that I get an alert)

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, April 15, 2011 3:04 AM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 2:42 PM
  • Multiple signatures are possible. Once the first person signs, on the lower left you will see Page: 1 of 1 | Words: 100 | and the red digital signature icon. Click the icon and a signatures box will open on the right.

There will be a requested signatures section which contains the names of those individuals who still need to sign the document. The person clicks their name and signs the document. No need to save the document its done automatically. The next person will do the same thing and no need to save after they do and so on.

No signatures are invalid as others sign.

For sending via e-mail. The document must still be saved to the persons computer (Microsoft security feature) somewhere but they must add a number, special character or something to the end of the name when they save it. It can then b forwarded to the next person and they must do the same thing.

When the document gets back to the creator that person can save the document to their computer and rename the document taking the numbers or whatever off the end.

• Edited by Latasha Wills Friday, July 17, 2015 10:12 PM Added sending via E-Mail
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:05 PM