Drivers for Tethering RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for drivers for Windows 7 for tethering to iPhons through Bluetooth. I tried updating the driver through properties but none found.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:37 AM

Answers

• I do have itunes installed and use the USB for syncing. The iphone is shown in the Add A Device and its suppose to be able to transfer files and connect to the internet with a MAC computer. I wasn't sure if it would work with a Windows base PC. Thanks for the info.
    • Marked as answer by travelers Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:09 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Travelers,

The iPhone has Bluetooth 2.0 EDR built-in, but so far it seems to carry little functionality outside use of accessories like the Apple Bluetooth headset. Apple's Bluetooth File Exchange for computer cannot send files to the iPhone and the synchronized software cannot be used to synchronize with the iPhone via Bluetooth.

To sync Iphone data with PC via USB port, you need to install iturns which contains the driver for your device and refer to the following webpage to troubleshoot the problem.

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/itunes/#section_1

Good luck!

Andy

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:16 AM
  • I do have itunes installed and use the USB for syncing. The iphone is shown in the Add A Device and its suppose to be able to transfer files and connect to the internet with a MAC computer. I wasn't sure if it would work with a Windows base PC. Thanks for the info.
    • Marked as answer by travelers Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:09 PM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 11:08 PM