Legacy issues and EXBPA RRS feed

• Question

• Quick Question

I have a site that has been migrated a number of times from 2003 - 2007 - 2010.  They are a pure 2010 site now (3 servers).

When running EXBPA, it throws up the following errors im assuming relates to legacy information.

Recipient Update Service not configured
    Site Folder Server Deleted
    ‘Servers’ container missing

In ADSIEDIT I can see the First Administrative Group, this is fairly gutted and not much information in here.

My quick question is, can this First Administrative Group be deleted or can the contents be gutted?

This First Administrative Group, is this purely a exchange 2003 thing?

Will deleting this in adsiedit get EXBPA to provide a clean system, or at least get rid of those errors in EXBPA?

There are no symptoms at the moment in the environment, everything is functioning correctly.

The existing environments 2003 and 2007 are long gone, deleted and destroyed.

Friday, March 18, 2011 12:57 AM

Answers

• The only way to clear them completely is to migrate to a new Forest. It is an aesthetic thing more than anything - the consequence of doing multiple upgrades and the configuration of Exchange being simplified.

I think you will have to live with the errors in EXBPA, because if you attempt to remove them to make it clean, you could break Exchange.

Simon.

Simon Butler, Exchange MVP
    Blog | Exchange Resources | In the UK? Hire Me.
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Friday, March 25, 2011 6:44 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:04 PM

All replies

• Microsoft don't recommend in most cases that the First Admin Group is removed, as it can cause problems. I also don't think that will clear the issues you are seeing because the domain is setup for Exchange 2003. It will have no impact operationally, because those settings aren't used by Exchange 2007 and higher.

Simon.

Friday, March 18, 2011 5:34 PM
  • Agreed, im stuck in a rock and a hard place.

These errors have visibility higher up in the management chain, unfortunatley they want them fixed, I know that they have no impact in my environment but im after a way to clean these errors off.

If i leave the structure there but gut the contents, would that be a little more palletable?

Monday, March 21, 2011 12:57 AM
  • The only way to clear them completely is to migrate to a new Forest. It is an aesthetic thing more than anything - the consequence of doing multiple upgrades and the configuration of Exchange being simplified.

I think you will have to live with the errors in EXBPA, because if you attempt to remove them to make it clean, you could break Exchange.

Simon.

• Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Friday, March 25, 2011 6:44 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:04 PM
  • The Microsoft® Exchange Server Analyzer Tool queries the Active Directory® directory service for the value of the distingushedName attribute for each Routing Group object discovered in the current administrative group

-------Refer to <Servers container is missing>

Please remove the routing group connectors after the migration (Reference)

Resources:

Site folder server deleted

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:28 AM