Cannot set seperate backgrounds with Dual Monitors RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Win7 Pro with an i5 Quad Core. I also have dual monitors. With my XP setup I was able to have separate backgrounds on the monitors (as I do at work). With Win7 I cannot seem to find the settings for it (if it has them).

Any Ideas" Suggestions?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:42 PM

Answers

• I know of no way to do that directly, but I can think of a trick to get the job done... Use a photo editor to create a single image that has the dimensions of your entire multi monitor area, and place the multiple images in the large image. Finally set the image as the background and choose "Tile" mode.
    -Noel
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Tuesday, April 13, 2010 2:08 AM
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 3:59 AM
  • You can achieve this using third party software such as DisplayFusion and UltraMon.

Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:36 AM

All replies

• I know of no way to do that directly, but I can think of a trick to get the job done... Use a photo editor to create a single image that has the dimensions of your entire multi monitor area, and place the multiple images in the large image. Finally set the image as the background and choose "Tile" mode.
    -Noel
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 3:59 AM
  • You can achieve this using third party software such as DisplayFusion and UltraMon.

Please Note: The third-party products discussed here are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:36 AM
  • Thank you both. Linda, I'll try them once I get home. Looking at both of those, it looks like 'Ultramon' might be the better pick.
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 12:48 PM