none
PS 2013 - Project Server is not sending daily remainders of tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The task mandatory update method of tasks in use is by percent complete. The team members are receiving e-mail notifications everytime I allocate resources or update the schedule normally.

I activated the options to send reminders by e-mail to myself and to my team for starting and ending dates and late tasks in Settings - Personal Configuration - Manage Notifications and Reminders, but nobody is receving them.

The farm has three servers, one for SharePoint Central Admin, and two for WFE where the Project Server is running.

All the three servers have verified relay connection to the SMTP server that connects to Exchange Server 2010.

The notifications from daily changes in document library of Project sites work normally in SharePoint.

Is there any clue why does it send notifications for publishing and not for scheduled notifications?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 3:52 PM

All replies

• Ricardo,

When you say "My Team", who are you referring to? My Team in the "Alerts" context, refers to anyone assigned to tasks within a project that you own.

I would confirm that you actually "Own" the projects, that you expect the resources to receive reminders on.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for your contact.

I am using the option of "Manage My Resources' Alerts and Reminders" at Personal Settings in PWA Settings page.

I marked the options such as:

• Send a reminder before my team members' tasks are due. Amount of time before the task is due to send the reminder...
    • Send a reminder when my team members' tasks are overdue. Amount of time a task is overdue before sending the reminder...

And I choose the "Send email to me and my team members" option.

I have some projects with tasks and assignments that fit to the above situation, but nobody received any alert, including me, the owner of the Project. In the other hand, when I publish the projects the team members receive the notifications.

Do you think the percent complete tracking option has something to do with this issue?

• Edited by R.Segawa Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:42 PM
    Tuesday, April 29, 2014 9:38 PM
  • Hi,

I was looking in SharePoint timer Jobs and I was wondering if the "Notification Timer Job c02c63c2-12d8-4ec0-b678-f05c7e00570e" is responsible for sending the scheduled alerts above in Project Server (not SharePoint). When I created the web app for Project Server I followed the instruction to create a dedicated SharePoint Content database for Project Server besides the SharePoint default content database. This notification timer is pointing to the default content SharePoint database and there is not any notification timer pointing to the dedicated Project Server content database.

Should it be the explanation? If yes, how can I correct this?

By the way this notification timer is working without any error.

• Edited by R.Segawa Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:03 PM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 6:02 PM