Windows Easy Transfer keeps failing to access some files (different each time) RRS feed

• Question

• After transfering some files, Easy Transfer fails to access a file on the source computer.
    Both ends start to flash a disconnected icon in the window.
    When I quit the source program, it then asks me if I want to simply skip the program - if I say yes, it stops because I've just told it to quit.
    The "skip or not" dialog box cannot be seen when the error first happens. I have tried to move the Easy Transfer window out of the way but to no avail.

How can I convince Easy Transfer to continue the transfer?

Thanks!
    Ken Henderson
    Ken Henderson
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:33 PM

Answers

• Hello Ken,

Before going any further, make sure that both computers connect properly (change the Network Cable for test) and no more than about 500 GB of stuff at a time. That way it would be easier to isolate any problem areas. There were a couple of files for which a warning message appeared of the type that it couldn't transfer that particular file; you might move that specified file to another location and test the issue again. In addition, I suggest you select the using a CD, DVD or other removable media option while transferring data through the Easy Transfer tool. Thanks for your time and understanding!

Good Luck!

Andy

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, May 4, 2009 3:08 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2009 10:56 AM