none
Microsoft Project - confirmed versus proposed resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having trouble changing the assignment on my resource from proposed to confirmed - the box is grayed out, not allowing me the opportunity to modify it.  I am developing a rough cut capacity plan listing all the projects as "tasks" and assigning resources to the various projects.  some projects are confirmed while others are in the sales process, close to confirmation.  I would like the ability to have resources assigned to a project in a "proposed" state as proposed.  Is it possible to have a resource that is both confirmed and proposed dependent on the task?

Thanks much for the help!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 7:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm not aware of a way to do this at the task level. I believe you can only do this at the project level.

AN ALTERNATIVE

The original intent of the Resource Plan was to allow you allocate resource capacity before a true schedule exists. Resources can also be set as proposed or committed at the project level.

In your case, you could:

• Create a basic project as a proposal
    • Add a resource plan with the team member allocations as proposed so that you can use that to plan.
    • Once approved, you can change the allocations to committed and hand off the project to be detailed out by the PM.

I hope this helps.

--Treb

Treb Gatte | @tgatte |http://AboutMSProject.com

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm not aware of a way to do this at the task level. I believe you can only do this at the project level.

AN ALTERNATIVE

The original intent of the Resource Plan was to allow you allocate resource capacity before a true schedule exists. Resources can also be set as proposed or committed at the project level.

In your case, you could:

• Create a basic project as a proposal
    • Add a resource plan with the team member allocations as proposed so that you can use that to plan.
    • Once approved, you can change the allocations to committed and hand off the project to be detailed out by the PM.

I hope this helps.

--Treb

Treb Gatte | @tgatte |http://AboutMSProject.com

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:57 AM
  • Does Project Server 2013 have any improvements to identify resource over-confirmations over proposed?

We are trying to figure out a process where project resources can be consumed/confirmed from a proposed portfolio resource plan.  

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to call me at 847.643.3830 or e-mail schainani@medline.com

Thanks,

Sunil

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:48 PM