Cant delete package from Q Drive Sequencer RRS feed

• Question

• I´ve done a package wrong (testapp.s01) and want to delete the map with its files on Q-Drive.

But I cant delete files - this error message displays when I trying "You need permission to perform this action".

I´ve newbe with appv and really appreciate your answer.

Should´nt Q-drive allways be clean before you sequencing a new package?

Why can t I delete my testapp.s01 from Q.

:0)

Saturday, August 3, 2013 5:52 PM

Answers

• Revert to a clean snapshot of the virtual machine instead. The machine is now contaminated and won't produce a clean package on the next capture with the Sequencer.  

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Saturday, August 3, 2013 7:23 PM

All replies

• Revert to a clean snapshot of the virtual machine instead. The machine is now contaminated and won't produce a clean package on the next capture with the Sequencer.  

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Saturday, August 3, 2013 7:23 PM
  • Ok :0)

/PF

Monday, August 5, 2013 7:23 AM
  • The problem is that my collegue didnt done any earlier snapshot...so what is possible to do without installing everthing from zero?

/PF

Monday, August 5, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Right click Q and choose "format"?

/PF

Monday, August 5, 2013 7:46 AM
  • You could re-format, but I would recommend to rebuild from scratch - you have a contaminated sequencing VM.

What else was installed during the application install steps? If the application was installing to locations other than Q, then on re-capture of of the application, those files will not be captured during the next time you sequence the application.

Monday, August 5, 2013 10:52 AM
  • There where 2 packages on Q drive. 

A colleague of mine installed earlier pakages. (not working here naymore)

She left one package on Q-drive. And I cant delete this one.

One pakages could i delete.

But it seems to be a "test pakage" and not a real one that is implemented.

If so...is´t any problems to only format Q?

Really appreciate your answer. :0)

/PF

Monday, August 5, 2013 11:14 AM
  • Who knows? I've no idea what the application installer has written to the VM. Is it worth the risk in potentially creating a package that doesn't work on the client PCs?

It should only take an hour and a half to build a new VM. Make a copy of the VM or ensure you've made a snapshot this time.

Monday, August 5, 2013 11:32 AM
  • I'd rebuild the Sequencer... if there are things left on the Q drive, who knows what else was done on the machine...

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |  Blog kirxblog   |  Web kirx.org

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:56 PM