Auto Start choice of programs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I know how to start a program in Windows Server 2008 and 2012 r2 STD 

Now the client has 2 programs to run. How do I make a way that when the RDP user logs in they only see a choice to open those 2 programs.
    I tried running a bat script to open a folder with the 2 program shortcuts, but it didn't work. I can see the script running during log on, but then it auto logs off intermediately.

• Edited by Willie97 Friday, July 24, 2020 12:07 PM
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What you want to achieve is making the remote login users see only these two programs,right?

Do you have the roles of Remote Desktop Web Access and Remote Desktop Connection Broker in your RDS environment? Usually,we can use the RD Connection Broker to publish the Apps that we want the users to see on the Web. The users will not log into the session host in this way. 

Hope this can help you.

This "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Phoebe Lu Friday, July 24, 2020 7:25 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2020 7:25 AM
  • Hi,

Have your question been solved?Is there anything I can help you?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020 9:34 AM
  • Not yet, 
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:27 AM
  • Can you be more specific, a link for steps to follow

ty

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 11:28 AM
  • Hi,

This link will be helpful to deploy the rds environment and publish remote apps: https://nedimmehic.org/2017/01/21/deploying-remote-desktop-services-2016-step-by-step/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Thursday, July 30, 2020 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going now?Is everything ok?

Regards,

Phoebe

Thursday, August 6, 2020 9:26 AM