Downloading windows vista RC1 RRS feed

• Question

• I don´t have any icon, after i installing the activex control:Download manager from akamai. i can see any icon in my desktop, but have a window where windows vista RC1 is downloading. the activex control is installed in my pc, but i can see the icon in my desktop. How can i download the download manager from akamai again?
    Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hmmm.. OK.. So you're saying you think the Akamai DL manager's not installed right or you've got problems with it? You first need to remove the existing one.

The fastest way to find it is to open Windows Explorer, select your C: drive (or the drive where the OS in question is installed), right click on the drive, select Properties. Under the properties, you should see a graphic that tells you how much space is taken up by files and how much free space you've got. Below that you should see a button marked "Disk Cleanup". Click it. After a few minutes, you should see various items - the one you need to look for is "Downloaded Program Files". Click it and click the View Files button. The Akamai DL manager should be there (along with any other ActiveX components you've collected.

Simply right-click on the Akamai DL manager and delete it. Close everything, open IE, navigate to the download page and it should want to reinstall itself.

Good luck!

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:05 AM

All replies

• Hmmm.. OK.. So you're saying you think the Akamai DL manager's not installed right or you've got problems with it? You first need to remove the existing one.

The fastest way to find it is to open Windows Explorer, select your C: drive (or the drive where the OS in question is installed), right click on the drive, select Properties. Under the properties, you should see a graphic that tells you how much space is taken up by files and how much free space you've got. Below that you should see a button marked "Disk Cleanup". Click it. After a few minutes, you should see various items - the one you need to look for is "Downloaded Program Files". Click it and click the View Files button. The Akamai DL manager should be there (along with any other ActiveX components you've collected.

Simply right-click on the Akamai DL manager and delete it. Close everything, open IE, navigate to the download page and it should want to reinstall itself.

Good luck!

Monday, September 25, 2006 8:05 AM
  • seem the problem can be solved, it's time to close this thread.
    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:25 PM