none
getting access denied when trying to change or update the profile in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• It’s a strange behavior observed for users belonging to project managers group or admin group in PWA...

We have a Project server 2010 installed with SP2.

I am the member of the admin group in PWA. Was changing my Timesheet manager when I encountered the access denied error while saving the change. when I refreshed the page after few seconds I got back PWA access and was working fine.

Later on I discovered that any change to the profile is causing the problem. It has happened with all the users who are in the admin group. If I change the profile for a different user it is working fine but if I try and make any change in my own profile the problem occurs.

The event log does not contain anything accept the access denied msg.

I can’t make out where and what exactly the problem is!!

Does anyone know anything about this kind of behavior?? Please suggest!!

Monday, November 11, 2013 9:57 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What you will probably find is that a user sync job is added to the Project Server queue after editing the user. This job re-syncs the user account with PWA and the Project Sites. That will explain the temporary access denied.

The reason you are probably only really seeing this for Admins / PMs is that they can probably access more / all project sites, the user sync jobs then takes longer to complete as it has more sites to sync with.

Hope that hopes

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, November 11, 2013 10:30 AM
  • Thank you Paul!!

But the problem is I am getting the error only in Production instance PWA whereas the QA instance is working fine with no such error encountered. Is there any way to get rid of this issue??

Please help!!

Dolly Pandey

Monday, November 11, 2013 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

Go to Project queue and check the time taken to complete the user save job in your Production and QA environment.

Might be the user save job took longer time in your Production environment to complete.

Monday, November 11, 2013 1:35 PM
  • Do you have the same number of Project Sites on the QA farm? May be you have less sites on QA?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Monday, November 11, 2013 1:36 PM
  • Hi there, 

to complete upon my own experience, if a customised SharePoint site template is used, this might block some sync jobs.

in this case you'll get failed jobs in the queue. 

Hope this helps

Jeff

Sunday, November 17, 2013 10:43 AM