Registry disturbing me RRS feed

• Question

• please i need some help to reset my registry to default. i have made several changes to the registry in order to make my machine faster but it is rather disturbing and slow down the machine.
    Monday, April 30, 2018 10:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We could use "reset this PC" through user interface instead of reset registry, because of the modify of registry will bring a high risk to computer. All changes in registry will be set to default through Reset this PC.

Go to Settings\Update & Security\Recovery\Reset this PC.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8:07 AM
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

We could use "reset this PC" through user interface instead of reset registry, because of the modify of registry will bring a high risk to computer. All changes in registry will be set to default through Reset this PC.

Go to Settings\Update & Security\Recovery\Reset this PC.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Where do you find this in Windows 7?
    Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:10 PM
  • Windows XP fix was recovery console,& use System Restore,if the restore point is valid..Other repairs,307545

307654/& others,maybe safe-mode/powershell,or safe-mode in cmd.Win 7 probably uses the same to repair regedit

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:58 AM
  • You have 2 choices in Windows 7:

• restore your system back to a point before you made your registry changes
    • do a repair install of Windows 7 by booting from your installation media.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Proposed as answer by R T F M Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:55 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 6:43 PM