vMix virtual device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, why I can't use the vMix output as a camera for the Skype For Business?

I can use it without problem in other communications tools such as Skype (not for bussines), Zoom, etc.

For us will be very useful to have this problem fixed.

Thank you very much.

doceno

Monday, December 26, 2016 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi doceno,

Welcome to our forum.     

We have a certification program, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn947481.aspx, for SFB managed by the product group and includes all the qualified – tested devices, software and infrastructure components.  Unfortunately the communicator app does not support virtual camera from vMix.

Skype for business only support physically attached cameras in the Skype for Business software. This means vMix Video is not available (Virtual Cameras) the same way it is available in normal Skype for business.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, December 30, 2016 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by doceno Friday, January 13, 2017 10:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hi doceno,

Welcome to our forum.     

We have a certification program, https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dn947481.aspx, for SFB managed by the product group and includes all the qualified – tested devices, software and infrastructure components.  Unfortunately the communicator app does not support virtual camera from vMix.

Skype for business only support physically attached cameras in the Skype for Business software. This means vMix Video is not available (Virtual Cameras) the same way it is available in normal Skype for business.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Friday, December 30, 2016 9:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by doceno Friday, January 13, 2017 10:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:24 AM
  • Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for the quick and complete (but sad to me) response.

doceno

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 9:28 AM
  • Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for the quick and complete (but sad to me) response.

doceno

Hi, me again...

I just notice that you mention: "Skype for business only support physically attached cameras in the Skype for Business software." But that as you can see in the picture bellow (that I can not attach) it actually detects non-physical cameras, so there must be a way to add this virtual camera, maybe the guys in vMix have to change something, but should be possible for sure.

• Edited by doceno Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:30 PM
    Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:28 PM
  • Hi doceno,

At present, although it could be detected, there is no Microsoft’s documents to indicate that SFB support virtual device, please wait for Microsoft’s update. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:14 AM
    Thursday, December 29, 2016 9:48 AM