none
Is it possible to create a group that has access to all calendars in another group? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Basically what I'm trying to figure out here is, I would like to create a separate security group for managers. This group would have access to all staff calendars in their staff departments group.

So far I'm at a loss, been looking hard for a power-shell command. Hoping someone would have some good advice for me. 

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:55 PM

All replies

• There is no single PowerShell command that will perform that single task.  What you can do is create a security-enabled distribution group (using Exchange so you get a universal group) for the managers and populate its membership.  Then you can write a script that uses Set-MailboxFolderPermission to assign rights to that group on all calendars of direct reports.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 2:13 AM
  • Hi Shushine,

Agree with Ed. You can create a security-enabled distribution group and add the managers into this group, then assign the permission to this group for all mailbox calendars.

As below, I have test in my lab, it works as expected:

1. create a security-enabled distribution group named Manager:

2. Then run the follow script to assign the permission to all mailbox calendars:

$Users=Get-Mailbox 

Foreach ($user in $Users) {Add-MailboxFolderPermission $user":\Calendar" -User Manager -AccessRights Owner}

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:06 AM