fssm32.exe process? RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know what process fssm32.exe is? It seems to be eating a lot of cpu and memory but I can't find it on any of the process lists.
    Friday, June 22, 2012 11:16 AM

Answers

• See info @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/e4fde5ef-6445-4f8d-9adb-eef186ac2f9d found searching the internet:

Fssm32.exe is a component of F-Security Software. Its main purpose is to offer your F-security Antivirus or Internet Security program real-time monitoring and scanning to trace malicious files that can damage your computer. It launches automatically at startup and consumes a lot of computer memory in order to function. Do not remove this process unless it's creating system problems. If you have to remove it, disabling it and removing it from startup takes little time.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, June 22, 2012 11:49 AM

All replies

• See info @ http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/e4fde5ef-6445-4f8d-9adb-eef186ac2f9d found searching the internet:

Fssm32.exe is a component of F-Security Software. Its main purpose is to offer your F-security Antivirus or Internet Security program real-time monitoring and scanning to trace malicious files that can damage your computer. It launches automatically at startup and consumes a lot of computer memory in order to function. Do not remove this process unless it's creating system problems. If you have to remove it, disabling it and removing it from startup takes little time.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, June 22, 2012 11:49 AM
  • Thanks Rick, that does answer it. F-secure is the provider for my "Charter Security Suite". I will hang onto it. It did finally catch up and stop using so much processor time.

Old retired computer guy

Friday, June 22, 2012 1:51 PM