How to pass the Time Intelligence Filter in Pivot Chart? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created Analytic & Pivot chart in PPS dashboard. How to pass the Time Intelligence Filter in the report. Any body have idea about this. Please let me know.

thanks

Ram

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:46 PM

Answers

• If you are working with the Analytical Chart simply make sure that you provide an endpoint to connect to.  Simply place your Date dimension hieararchy in the background and then you can create a link between the filter and the Date hierarchy that you have placed in your report background when configuring your dashboard page.

If you are trying to do something else then please expand on your thread post and provide more details.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:10 PM
  • It is possible but you need to provide a little more information on how you are using Time Intelligence. For example if you have created a time intelligence filter that lists down months like YTD, previous year etc. you can connect this filter with your Time series in Pie Chart by either dragging the member unique name on dashboard or creating a connection through edit item on report.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 7:58 AM

All replies

• If you are working with the Analytical Chart simply make sure that you provide an endpoint to connect to.  Simply place your Date dimension hieararchy in the background and then you can create a link between the filter and the Date hierarchy that you have placed in your report background when configuring your dashboard page.

If you are trying to do something else then please expand on your thread post and provide more details.

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:10 PM
  • Dan,

Thanks for your quick reply. What I did was I have selected Pivot Chart. The chart type is Pie chart. I passing monthname in the series area, measure value in the data area. then I can able to display the value in monthwise for the all the year.

I want to display the value based up on time intelligence filter.

Can this possible please let me know.

thanks

Ram

Monday, June 28, 2010 5:23 AM
  • It is possible but you need to provide a little more information on how you are using Time Intelligence. For example if you have created a time intelligence filter that lists down months like YTD, previous year etc. you can connect this filter with your Time series in Pie Chart by either dragging the member unique name on dashboard or creating a connection through edit item on report.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 7:58 AM