none
SLShare Network drive mapped with specific drive letter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We has SLShare defined to capture lags for OS deployments. Looks like it always map to Z drive to the SLShare folder location.

Is there anyway to have some other drive letter mapped with SLShare apart from Z drive. We have application that needs Z drive letter but I have seen that it never gets freed up (shows disconnect once TS finish but never release Z drive letter) by Deployment.

Any pointers to map any other drive letter for SLShare or any way to forcefully release Z drive at the end (once copy log step is finish) of TS would be helpful . Thanks

Regards,

Monday, October 20, 2014 6:52 AM

All replies

• Logs not lags.

Applications that hard code to a specific drive letter are bad. Bad I say.

Is your logging on the same share as your deployment server? If so I'm not sure I agree with your premise.

MDT will pick the first available drive letter starting from the rear. You can play some games trying to squat on z:\ during deployment so that MDT doesn't use Z:\

or... Better yet, you can write a wapper script around your bad application to programmatically disconnect all network drives and remap the ones you want.

Bad I say!

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:32 AM