Analytical Chart Performance RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have a dimension(Service Geography) in my filter and has 4 level of hiererachy. This same Dimension (Service Geography) with a different Hiererachy I have it in the Bottom Axis of my Analytical Chart. I am seeing a significant hit in the performance when only one Member is selected in my filter parameter. In order for the Chart to display any level that is selected in my filter, I have to pre-select every attribute that is in the Bottom axis of my chart and publish the same.

Is this the behaviour of Analytical Chart in PPS or am I doing something wrong.

What I want is when only the 1st level(Zone for ex) is selected, the Chart should display that level(only Zone) in my bottom axis. Currently if I select Zone as my top level(it has Region - workCenter -FSe as other levels), the chart is displaying every attribute of the Region, workcenter and FSE.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks
    Suresh
    Thursday, September 10, 2009 7:18 PM

All replies

• I know this is a late reply but thought this might be helpful.

From what I can understand from your question, I think this will work for you.

1. In your analytic chart instead of selecting each member of the hierarchy individually, select the default 'all' member.

2.Create a filter based on Service Geography hierarchy. I am assuming that this is not a multiselect parameter.

3. Now when you attach this filter to the anaytic grid, you will see Service Geography in dashboard end point. Select that and say OK.

You can specify Filter link formula to display memebers depending on the value of the filter chosen. For example, if you want to display all the regions below the selected zone, your filter link formula will loook like <<UniqueName>>.Children. (This will also display all children workcentres if you select Regions in the filter)

Hope this works for you.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:57 AM