none
Disable "Do you want to open or save file" on ie11 RRS feed

• Question

• Disable "Do you want to open or save file" on ie11

Hello,

Our intranet\internet application has to open some xml templates that are displaying as word documents.

I want to by pass the open or save file bar that comes up at the bottom of the page.

I am looking for a solution that I can apply to 300 users.

How I Disable "Do you want to open or save file" on ie10/11?

thank you

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

f12>Networking tab, click the Start button, then refresh the page, click your download button.

Post back with the response header of the 'xml' file you are trying to push to the client drive.

what do you want to do with the xml file? Open it with MSWord? copy it to a location on the client's hard drive?

The standard solution on a domain network is to use a shared drive that contains your document templates.

To save confusion please include links to any websites you are having issues with your questions. If it is an intranet site that does not have public access, raise a support ticket with support.microsoft.com so that a support engineer can make arrangements to access your networks.

Post questions about html, css and scripting of web sites to the IE Web Developer forum... Include with your questions links to your website or a mashup that shows the issue.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, July 28, 2014 10:14 PM
    • Proposed as answer by noliver Tuesday, December 27, 2016 6:17 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:03 PM
  • no longer work on IE 11 and win 10
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:48 PM