none
HOW WILL USER ENTER VALUES IN MY TASK?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hii

i have added certain custom fields in My task,such as Travel cost,Daily allow,accomodation charges,so that in addition to task progress user can also mention the various expenses he had spend while working on the task,but there is one issue,how will the user enter values in some custom fields like Daily Allowance,if the task duration is more than 1 day,becoz there is only one row for each task in my task,and fields like travel cost,daily allow are different for each day,so team member should enter  them separetely,say for eg task 1 is of 5 day,on 1 day he had spent 500 on DA,200 ON tRAVEL COST,ON 2 DAY HE HAD SPEND 300 ON DA,200 ON TRAVEL COST ETC

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS

Monday, May 7, 2012 10:48 AM

All replies

• There's no way out of the box to do that that I am aware of.  You're probably
    talking customization.

At the end of the day, there are no custom timephased fields - although you
    can repurpose a spare baseline field to that effect.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Monday, May 7, 2012 11:47 AM
  • hi andrew

i have shifted those custom fields to My Timesheet View,here user has the option to insert task(from ribbon),i.e if user is assigned to task t1,he has the option in My timesheet to again insert a row of task t1 and enter values in it,BUT THERE IS ONE MAJOR PROBLEM WITH IT,WHEN I SEND THE INSERTED ROW WHICH I HAVE INSERTED MYSELF TO MY STATUS MANAGER FOR APPROVAL,IT IS NOT SHOWN TO STATUS MANAGER

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY IT IS HAPPENNING

THANKS

Monday, May 7, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Are you changing the hours as well as custom fields?  In some circumstances,
    the system won't recognize modified custom fields as a "change."

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Monday, May 7, 2012 12:39 PM
  • i was only changing the custom field,,do you tjink that could be a reason??
    Monday, May 7, 2012 4:10 PM