none
System auto lockout

Question

• Hi ,I have enabled system auto lock for 5mins. Earlier it was working fine suddenly stopperd working.

Can you please help me to resolve the issue?

Regards,

Ramaiahc

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 10:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ramaiahc,
    If you configured this settings via group policy, first of all, please run gpresult /h to get a group policy report and check if the GPO is still applied successfully. And please verify if the setting in the group policy is configured correctly without change by anybody.
    In addition, since the setting for auto lockout are saved in following registry keys, you could check if the settings are still correct:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Control Panel\ Desktop]
    “ScreenSaveActive”=”1”
    “ScreenSaveTimeOut”=”your time”
    “ScreenSaverIsSecure”=”1”
    TimeOut value is the time, your screen server will be activated upon keeping your pc unattended and  ScreenSaverIsSecure=1 is the reg key that forces the password prompt to unlock your pc.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.. Where should i check [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Control Panel\ Desktop]?in client machine or server?

Still i am facing issue.

Please find atachment for your reference.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:59 PM
  • Does the default domain policy get applied to the machine? You could also check this KB article: https://support.microsoft.com/fi-fi/kb/2616727
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:24 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.. Its not applying any policy  default domain controller policy and Default domain policy as well...

Please help me how we can fix this issue?what went wrong ? 

Sunday, September 18, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please remote my machine to fix this issue?Because i am trying this for past 2 weeks still issue going on.

I have only one policy ..Default domain controller policy but its not working 

Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

I can see you have enabled the system lock policy but you might not have linked it properly, which is why it isn't working. You need to check the Scope Tab on your default policy to see which container it is currently applied to, and check if the user account is linked to the container.  This is the most likely reason why it is not working but you can check this article http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx

Best regards

Sunday, September 18, 2016 8:44 PM