none
Unlock Library Door not working Dell TL2000 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I hold my head in shame a bit having to ask for help with this but I just don't know the DPM product well enough yet to figure out what's going on, essentially I cannot unlock the library door from the GUI, I havent tried powershell yet but I assume the GUI fires the powershell command off behind the scenes.

Its a windows 2008 x64 Server ( not R2)

Dell TL2000 connected via SAS

IBM ULT3580-TD4 SCSI Sequential Device in IBM TotalStorage 3573 Tape Library 

Drivers are from the dell website:

Drive is Driver Version: 6.2.1.5 - Date:1/12/2011

Medium Changer is Version: 6.2.1.5 Date:1/13/2011

Dell Driver package was: R296013

Directories used:

IBMTape.x64_w08_6215_3573_Tape_Library

IBMTape.x64_w08_6215_LTO2.5_Tape_Drive

Both installed in Non-Exclusive mode

Firmware reported from web management:

Currently Installed Library Firmware A.50 / 3.10e 

Logically I'm thinking I need to see something being send from the DPM box so I know the unlock command is actually being send, then make sure the TL2000 is receiving that command.

After clicking unlock library door in the GUI, it reports its done it and I have 10 minutes before it locks again, no jobs are running, but when I visit the TL2000, goto control, magazine, left (or right) it just says its locked by the host.

Thanks for anyones time.

Si

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:37 AM

Answers

• I should Add that after turning the TL2000 off and on again I have access to the magazine, I can also unlock from the DPM snap-in again, I'm going to erase a few tapes and run some back ups and then try unlocking it and see if actual usage affects my ability to unlock the library door.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:46 AM

All replies

• I should Add that after turning the TL2000 off and on again I have access to the magazine, I can also unlock from the DPM snap-in again, I'm going to erase a few tapes and run some back ups and then try unlocking it and see if actual usage affects my ability to unlock the library door.
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 9:46 AM
  • housekeeping - closing old post.  Open a new post if you still have a need.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 3:29 PM