none
Tasks ans Dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing my projects on Project Web App but some columns that I wanted to add on the projects not exist. For example I want to add the Selling Price column to show but it only gives me some other options. Is there a way to create my own columns and put all of them in a same view,?so I dont have to change the view to see the information I need.
    Friday, July 10, 2015 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Marcus,

Could you give us more details about where exactly you want to have this information? The first step is to create a project custom field based on your need.

Then this can be added to several locations:

• In a project center view (server settings, manage views, select your view or create a new one and select your custom field),
    • In a Project Detail Page (server settings, project detail pages, edit a PDP or create a new one and add the field),

If you give us more detail, we'll be able to give you a more precise procedure.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, July 10, 2015 1:14 PM
  • Marcus --

Are you the only PM who would be using the Selling Price custom column, or will every PM need to use it?  If everyone needs to use it, your Project Server administrator needs to create a custom enterprise Cost field named Selling Price, and then add it to one or more Project Details views in PWA for you to use.

If you are the only PM who needs to use the Selling Price column AND you are also using Microsoft Project Professional to plan and manage your projects, you could create a local custom Cost field named Selling Price and add it to the Entry table in the Gantt Chart view. Refer to the following blog post for a trick on how to quickly create custom local fields:

http://www.senseiprojectsolutions.com/using-the-add-new-column-virtual-column/

If you are only using PWA to plan and manage your projects, you cannot create your own custom columns in PWA.  Only the Project Server administrator can do that.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, July 10, 2015 1:42 PM