none
Trying to print schedule for certain timeframes in MSP RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is the snapshot of a project file that i tried to print for a specific time range.

When I print it to be of a Date range of 2 or 3 weeks, the Gannt chart does not print all the way till the end of the page. However when I increase the date range to 4-5 weeks, it prints as desired.

Yes I also tried "Fit Gantt chart to end of page" in the print preview -view tab but it does not work.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to do this as I will need to print in date ranges typically 2 or 3 weeks and sometimes even a week. 

sdkushte

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try increasing the scale factor of the timescale.

Greetings,

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:01 PM
  • I must be doing something wrong. now when I print I tried to play with the time scales once at 130% and once at 80% and once at 100% but when I print the specific date range I am getting dates all the upto december in the GANTT chart and it is almost  identical in all cases.

sdkushte

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Hi,

Haven't you set it to print 1 by 1? When I simply set 100% everything works fine.

And of course I select the dates in the Proint woindow, not through a Date Range filter!

Greetings,

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:28 PM

• sdkushte

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:56 PM
  • I do not know if this is visible correctly or not but these are the steps I am following.

1. File- Print
    2. In Print Dialog Box – Timescale – Dates  From- 8-20-12 to 9/10/12
    3. Preview-  Page Setup-  Adjust to 35% or 1 page wide and 6 page tall ( it is a huge project and won’t fit in any smaller scale) page size is a 11x17
    4. Page Setup –View-  Fit timescale to end of page (ticked)
    5. This is the output ( all weeks from aug to December are visible and there is white space in the end also)

This output is far from desired.

sdkushte

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:05 PM

• sdkushte

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:06 PM
  • if you wish to see it in a bigger format

sdkushte

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:07 PM
  • Is anyone going to answer this query?????

sdkushte

Friday, August 24, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

The reason I gave up is because I cannot reproduce the problem, not at all. I'll be looking fro a bigger file to further try; but I can' find which version of Project you are using?

Greetings,

Friday, August 24, 2012 4:26 PM
  • Jan,

Try to open this file

goto print and then try to print for a date range, say 8-20-12 to 9-10-12 and select papersize 11x17, you'll know what I am talking about when you see the print preview.

i am using MSP 2003.

sdkushte

Friday, August 24, 2012 5:15 PM
  • Hi,

Awfully sorry but even with your file and in Project 2003 I cannot reproduce the error :-(

I did try more or fewer columns visible etc. ...

What can be the difference?

I'm not sure the Service Packs for 2003 are still available - if yes do install the latest one (SP3 as I recall)

Does it also happen with other printers?

Greetings,

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Ok I think I got it.

When I had 11x17 on and i did 35% the size it showed me the white area in the end when i increased it to 60% it seems to align to the page. I guess its something to do with how MSP scales the Gantt chart in reference to the paper.Jan  thanks a lot for your help though.  I guess if you scale it to 35% you will know what I am trying to say.One last question before we go.

how did you do the more or fewer  columns visible in the print ?

sdkushte

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

Project's print shows the TOTALLY VISIBLE COLUMNS (after moving the split bar) with a minimum of 2.

Greetings,

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:42 PM