none
Project Server 2010 Timesheets not Updating Project Plans RRS feed

• Question

• We have several project plans that are not getting updates from approved timesheets.

Troubleshooting steps I've taken:

1) Verified the timesheet/task submissions by the resources

2) Verified they have been approved

3) Verified they have been accepted by the Status Manager and processed

4) All project plans have been published (I even used ProjTool ON the App server to do a full publish of all plans as a second step of publishing)

5) Verified OLAP was built successfully overnight (and every night)

6) Tasks have both remaining work and NO actual work in the Resource Usage view

7) Had a user recall and resubmit his timesheet using "Send Timesheet" to see if the task updates would come through - they did not (I am Status Manager and the timesheet shows Approved), and even published the plan and rebuilt the OLAP again, just in case.

8) Verified that no tasks are marked for closure under Close Tasks for Update in Server Settings.

9) Verified Timesheet shows Actual Work on the Tasks via Pivot Table; compared Timesheet_User_View with MSP_Portfolio_View pivot table for project which shows 0 hours. Timesheet_User_View shows 33 hours.

All tasks have Remaining Work, are within the date range of the timesheet and are open for submitting time. Timesheets are still out of sync with project plans for many users and there is no apparent reason. I'm out of ideas!

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In status manager's approval center, history, status updates, can you check the status of the approval? Do you have any errors in the ULs log for the approval or publish jobs?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Thursday, October 2, 2014 2:43 PM