Computer Freezes once every hour or so... please help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have windows 7 and whenever i'm doing an activity on my computer from playing counter strike to browsing the internet my computer freezes ever hour or so. Control alt delete doesn't work and the monitor freezes, but i still have mouse functionality, then the screen will go all black but i will still be able to move my mouse, then finally the mouse will freeze too, and I've yet to see anything happen after that. I am then forced to hold the power button until it force shuts down, and when i turn it on sometimes it will act like my keyboard, mouse, and monitor are receiving no signals. i also have Norton and i have ran a full computer scan and i do not believe that their is a virus causing this. I'm assuming it is a software conflict, and hopefully not hardware damage. I would really appreciate some insight and help,  thank you.

Friday, March 22, 2013 2:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check your event viewer to see if there are any event to describe this problem.

Also, I would recommend you to boot into Clean Boot mode to see if this issue persists, you can refer to the following link to eliminate software conflicts:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Based on my experience, this kind of issue could be caused by the device driver, as well. You can update the device drivers to the latest versions.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:19 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2013 2:48 AM