none
Allow projects to be published in various currencies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the Additional Server Settings of PWA 2010, I have the default option: "Allow projects to be published in various currencies".

All the costs of the enterprise resources are in Euros.

I created a project with the option: File/Option/View : Currency: USD.

But all the costs of this project remain in euros, and the Currency option is back to Euros.

So, how does this Currency option work?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• When you try to change, are you getting the following message?

The currency of this project is different from the server currency. Do you want to overwrite the project's currency settings with that of the server? Click Yes to overwrite this project's currency setting, or click No to keep this project's currency setting.

I trust you are clicking "NO", Otherwise the server currency will overwrite the project currency. Please double check...

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

bad news for exchange rate, that is not possible without custom code: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2007/06/06/using-multi-currency-in-epm-2007.aspx

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:00 PM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:34 AM

All replies

• When you try to change, are you getting the following message?

The currency of this project is different from the server currency. Do you want to overwrite the project's currency settings with that of the server? Click Yes to overwrite this project's currency setting, or click No to keep this project's currency setting.

I trust you are clicking "NO", Otherwise the server currency will overwrite the project currency. Please double check...

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:30 AM
  • Yes, you are right, the tasks' cost are now expressed in $, but the resource rates are still in euros, with the same values (without any exchange rate) so what is the practical use of this feature? Only for Fixed Costs?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Hi,

bad news for exchange rate, that is not possible without custom code: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/chrisfie/archive/2007/06/06/using-multi-currency-in-epm-2007.aspx

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:00 PM
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:34 AM