ProClarity - SSAS Drill Through Action Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have built an SSAS drill through action and it works fine with ProClarity web standard until I select "Combine" on the back ground slicer, then the drill through action gets greyed out. Then when I switch back to "Slice" the drill through action works fine.

Could someone please tell me if you have come across such drill through action issue. Do have a solution for it?

Thanks

Veeram 

veeramraja@yahoo.com

Monday, July 14, 2008 1:55 PM

Answers

• The action of combining members in the background creates a query scoped calculated member that aggregates the members in the background on the fly as part of the query.  Analysis Services cannot perform a drillthrough on a cell containing a calculated member, because the cube has no practical way of determining which fact rows go into making up a cell that has been calculated.

The following article is a good one, and contains an example of valid and invalid MDX select statements containing the drillthrough keyword.  See the section titled "MDX Select".  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345125.aspx

An option would be to build the aggregation into your cube, or to create something like a Reporting Services report action that would provide the logic for obtaining the results that would come from a drillthrough action.

Monday, July 14, 2008 10:51 PM