none
Trouble installing WAIK on Windows 7 x64 Enterprise RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all,

I read many posts about people having trouble with WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit), and I must say: I wish I were that lucky. I have my deployment server ready to go (2008 R2) and I am ready to get started and capture my first W7 image. However, when I try to install AIK on my W7 x64 Enterprise technician PC, I receive an error asking me whether I'm certain I have the correct (x64) version of the software. I downloaded several official Microsoft ISOs, and regardless the language or the version, I keep receiving this message.

Any clues, anyone? Took the official MOC for deploying Win7, so once I get started, I should be able to work my way through. However, I can't even install the most basic (and essential) tool for deployment...

Thanks in advance!

Alexander Kenter

the Netherlands.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Alexander,

Are you using the KB3AIK_EN.iso  from this site -> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5753 ?

If yes, inside the KB3AIK.iso it will give you the wAIKAMD64.msi. I can properly install this in our Windows 7 64-bit machine. 

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks.

EDP

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:28 AM
  • Hi,

I suggest you download the tool via this link The Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7 and then install it to check whether any error message will receive.

Thanks,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:08 AM
  • Hi Erwin,

Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately, this download doesn't do the trick for me. I downloaded this version of AIK, and I also tried to start the install manually, as you suggest. However, the AIK doesn´t install. Tried downloading again, still no succes. Tried the Dutch version (as I'm situated in the Netherlands), still no luck. Different approach: install a Win7 x86 and try installing the 32 bit version on that machine - same results... I was getting frustrated and P*ssed off; after all, we spend a good deal of money on Microsoft products, had two personnel take an official Microsoft training specifically designed to handle this process (MOC 6294A) at the steep price of € 2500.- per person, and the most basic of tools won't install. Calling MS helpdesk is okay, until they tell you that to ask for help or solutions via that channel, they will charge you € 299,- just to start a ticket (that's $ 397.70)... My guess is that the downloads are corrupt, for some reason, because regardless of which version in downloaded, on none of my configurations I got it to work.

Luckily, my colleague downloaded the NL version some time ago, and while it looks to be the same one as the ISO that MS hosts on its download page (same size and release date), this "older" download does not give me any hassle. I only just found out, so I'll be flying to get my deployment started, as I need to have 90 laptops up and running by next Tuesday...

Thanks again for your comment, I'm relieved to say that I got it to work, although the only reason I can think of this not having worked for me before, is because the current downloadable version of AIK is corrupt, somehow - I basically cancelled out all other options.

Kind regards!

Alexander Kenter

IT guy @ hogeschool iPabo

Amsterdam - Alkmaar

the Netherlands

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:50 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

I'll be pasting my other reply to this post, for it's basically the same as what I intend to tell you:

The link you supplied leads to the page that I downloaded the AIK ISO from in the first place. And the second. And the third... Yeah, I got pretty desparate...

Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately, this download doesn't do the trick for me. I downloaded this version of AIK, and I also tried to start the install manually, as you suggest. However, the AIK doesn´t install. Tried downloading again, still no succes. Tried the Dutch version (as I'm situated in the Netherlands), still no luck. Different approach: install a Win7 x86 and try installing the 32 bit version on that machine - same results... I was getting frustrated and P*ssed off; after all, we spend a good deal of money on Microsoft products, had two personnel take an official Microsoft training specifically designed to handle this process (MOC 6294A) at the steep price of € 2500.- per person, and the most basic of tools won't install. Calling MS helpdesk is okay, until they tell you that to ask for help or solutions via that channel, they will charge you € 299,- just to start a ticket (that's $ 397.70)... My guess is that the downloads are corrupt, for some reason, because regardless of which version in downloaded, on none of my configurations I got it to work.

Luckily, my colleague downloaded the NL version some time ago, and while it looks to be the same one as the ISO that MS hosts on its download page (same size and release date), this "older" download does not give me any hassle. I only just found out, so I'll be flying to get my deployment started, as I need to have 90 laptops up and running by next Tuesday...

Thanks again for your comment, I'm relieved to say that I got it to work, although the only reason I can think of this not having worked for me before, is because the current downloadable version of AIK is corrupt, somehow - I basically cancelled out all other options.

Kind regards!

Alexander Kenter

IT guy @ hogeschool iPabo

Amsterdam - Alkmaar

the Netherlands

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:54 AM
  • Hello,

I have downloaded the KB3AIK_EN.iso file but I cannot burn it to a DVD that is then readable.  I can, however mount it with the virtual CD and burn the files to a DVD.  BUT when I go to install it on the Technician PC it stops and asks me to insert the"Windows Automated Installation CD". So thinking that the label on the DVD was wrong I tried several iterations to no avail.  How does it know it has the right DVD?  What should the label on the DVD be? As the ISO will not burn correctly I need some sort of work around here.

Thanks

Much

Jim

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:55 AM