none
NTFS Corruption EventIDs needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

after studing the following MS article, I´m searching for the needed event-id´s in case of checkdisk detects some corruptions in file system during its on line background scan, so restart is needed to correct it while the volume is offline.

https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/hh831536(v=ws.11)

-> ...Corruption correction: When the scan is completed, Windows Server 2012 informs the administrator (by using events and the management consoles)....

From my last years in IT business, I know the eventid 55, which I be informed about, but are there more and/or changed with the new version (ok, since 2012...) of checkdisk?

Thank you!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:34 PM

All replies

• You can check the application event log (source) Wininit (Id) 1001 for results of chkdsk

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

With Windows 8/10, a lot of errors will now be fixed automatically while running Windows that used to require running chkdsk after a reboot.

In windows 10, there are about 8 more new parameters.

You can refer the following for more information:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-10/the-online-tech-tips-guide-to-chkdsk-in-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 16, 2020 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking the current situation of your problem.

Please let us know if you would like further help.

Best regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 20, 2020 8:40 AM
  • Hi Ellen,

thanks for sharing, interessting articel, saved in my knowledgebase, shared with colleagues :)

But, that are no news about event ids, (the new) checkdisk will put in eventlog, when some errors was found during online scan and an restart were needed to correct the problems.

Do you can check the internal MS documenation about hat? For me, its important to know about any file system problems to prevent an unplanned crash/data corruption.

Thank you again!

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:17 AM
  • Hi,

>>Do you can check the internal MS documenation about hat? For me, its important to know about any file system problems to prevent an unplanned crash/data corruption.

I am sorry that since the limited resource in forum, we recommend you to contact with MS support for better answers.

Best regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 11:34 AM