none
Error: Asynchronous job failed with error code 32769 and description: The operation failed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I encouter the following error as a last step in the conversion process. The full error is:

"Asynchronous job failed with error code 32769 and description: The operation failed. User 'DOMAIN\ADMINUSER' failed to create external configuration store at 'D:\VM\': General access denied error (Virtual machine ID 0x80070005)'"

This error occures at the final stage of the process, when the MVMC is trying to place the VM in de appropriate folder. In Hyper-V, the settings of the VHD and VM files are set to D:\VHD and D:\VM. NTFS and share permissions are ok, the account which is used for the conversion has full access on both locations. The VHD file is placed in the right folder.

If it's neseccary, I will place the log file on the forum as wel.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Rick Mooijman, The Netherlands

Thursday, January 31, 2013 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Anupama Vedapuri,

Thanks for your reply. This case can be closed. I solved it myself. The problem was a rights issue on the VM folder on the Hyper-V server. With a lot of searching on the web I came across a post (can't remember exectly witch one) that stated that the computer account of the hyper-V server should get full control rights on th VM folder. After this, every conversion I have done finished successfully. In fact, the only downside of the conversion tool is that you need double the amount of space to make the conversion.

• Marked as answer by Rick Mooijman Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:50 PM

All replies

• With the specified location can you actually create a VM natively through Hyper-V manager? Is the Hyper-V host domain joined? Is firewall traffic through WMI enabled on the Hyper-V host? Is the account that you are using to connect to the Hyper-V host member of the local administrator's group on the Hyper-V host?
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:39 PM
  • Hi Anupama Vedapuri,

Thanks for your reply. This case can be closed. I solved it myself. The problem was a rights issue on the VM folder on the Hyper-V server. With a lot of searching on the web I came across a post (can't remember exectly witch one) that stated that the computer account of the hyper-V server should get full control rights on th VM folder. After this, every conversion I have done finished successfully. In fact, the only downside of the conversion tool is that you need double the amount of space to make the conversion.

• Marked as answer by Rick Mooijman Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:51 PM
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:50 PM