MDT 2013 - Uninstall Roles and Features - covert OS to Core RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

I have a secure MDT 2013 environment (meaning that it is cut off from my production network to prevent unintended malware virus hack injections into our Os's.).  I mention this because its extremely difficult to get logs from this environment to post.

Problem Summary:  Task Sequence stops after removing some features (not all) and after first reboot associated with removing roles TS step.  (I can manually get the TS to continue if I manually launch LiteTouch.wsf)  I'm struggling to figure out why the TS is stopping?

Anyway, here is my configuration:

1. my task sequence (for troubleshooting) is bare bones - using the "Standard Server Task Sequence" 
    2. I pick Windows 2012 R2 Standard OS  (all other options are default)
    3. I add one step "uninstall Roles and Features" - And choose to remove "Remote Differential Compression", "Windows Powershell ISE", "Graphical Management Tools and Infrastructure", and "Server Graphical Shell"  [to make OS CORE OS]
    4. Nothing else is modified in the TS

In the BDD.log I can see that two of the four roles are uninstalled but then a reboot is required before the other roles can be removed.

BDD Log

Property SMSTSRebootRequested is now =  true

Set SMSTSRetryRequested to re-run script after reboot

ZTIOSRole processing complete successfully

Command completed, return code = -2147021886

LTIDirty is now = FALSE]

If there is a drive letter defined, make sure we clear it now so we can *force* recalcutation.

OSDTargetDriveCache is now = DIRTY

LTI initiating task sequence-requested reboot.

Shortcut c:\programData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\LiteTouch.lnk" already exists.

Property BootPE is now =

(log stops here)

any ideas?  What other information would you need...

• Edited by y2kBug_sp7 Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:11 PM Added a bit more detail to the BDD.log section
    Saturday, February 14, 2015 5:07 PM

All replies

• I think I can solve this problem by adding a RUNONE step to the registry to run LiteTouch.wsf but this doesn't seem to be the best solution.   
    Sunday, February 15, 2015 2:32 PM