Lync 2010 and Lync Web Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Anybody knows when the CWA (Communicator Web Access) will be replaced by the LWA (Lync Web Access)?

--

Petri

Monday, February 21, 2011 10:26 AM

Answers

• There is no current release date for Lync Web Access
    Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Messaging | www.unplugthepbx.com
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:14 PM

All replies

• There is no current release date for Lync Web Access
    Mark King | MVP: Lync Server | MCTS:UC Voice | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Messaging | www.unplugthepbx.com
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Sounds a bit strange, as Lync has been released already. Do they have forgot it :D

--

Petri

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:22 PM
  • Well..  Communicator Web Access 2007 R2 will work against a Lync account, so you have the ability to provide the same capabilities.  It wasn't forgotten, just was not included in the RTM version.

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:51 PM
  • hehe no they didn't it is scheduled to be released as part of the lync 2010 SP1 but as Mark has already said there's still no exact date for the release regards,
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread
    Monday, February 21, 2011 8:52 PM
  • Ok, thanks friends!

Lets see when the sunrise...

--

Petri

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:20 AM
  • You can presently access Lync IM and Presence information through Outlook WebApp. Requirement is Exchange Server 2010 / SP1. All other conferencing related features are available in full or partially via Lync Web App, Lync Attendee or the full Lync 2010 client.

Please share with us if this helps. Thanks.

TechNet Forum Moderator (Unified Communications) - http://www.leedesmond.com
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:55 AM
  • Thanks Desmond,

But sorry, E2010 is not implemented yet...have to continue dreaming. :D

--

Petri

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 7:24 PM
  • idea of ​​integrating the web version link to the outlook web access is very interesting, but the lack of contact list users do not like it. Is it possible to display the contact list in outlook web access?
    If not, then does a separate Web client Lync?
    Are there any announcements?
    Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:14 PM
  • when you integrate it with OWA, it does show your contact list, though its not the same lists as the regular lync client (i.e. groups i defined in lync client dont show up in owa, but groups i define in owa show up in lync).

Still not a bad integration, but I need full on lync web access for all my unix clients, right now silverlight isnt exactly user friendly for them..

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:15 PM
  • that is, in OWA can turn on the contact list and add contacts there as well as in lync client?
    This option shall be added to the settings?
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:43 PM
  • when you integrate owa as a trusted application, yes you see a lync contact list on the bottom left of the screen, and can add contacts/view presence there. What you dont see is their presense on the actual message line if thats what your were wanting.
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:52 PM