formatting a chart in proclarity 6.3 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with a bar chart that is supposed to show percentage data.  I have calculated the values using MDX and the data looks good.  The problem is that I can't find any way to make the chart display data as a percent.  so right now the left axis displays something like 0.0080 instead of 0.80%.  I can easily format the data in the grid form of this query, but the chart doesn't seem to have the same custom format of data option.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Brandon Kassebaum

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:23 PM

Answers

• Sorry, I guess I should've been more precise when I said "custom measure".

What I meant was a custom measure in Desktop Professional.  Right-click on your measure in the setup pane and select "New Measure".  Select a Custom Formula measure.  Insert your measure by highlighting it in the measure list and clicking the red arrow.  Then for the Format drop-down at the top of the wizard, select "0%".  Then use this measure in place of your AS-defined measure in your chart.

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:48 PM

All replies

• Make a custom measure that's based on the original measure, but with custom formatting set to show percentages.  Then use the custom measure in both the chart and the grid.

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:36 PM
  • Ray,

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm already using a custom measure, the trick is to get it to format as a percentage.  How would i accomplish this in AS2000.  i've seen many examples for AS2005.

here's the MDX code for my measures

GP%:

sum({[Business Date].CurrentMember}, ([Measures].[eGross Profit] / [Measures].[Price Total]))

GP% prior year:

sum({ParallelPeriod(Year, 1, [Business Date].CurrentMember)}, ([Measures].[eGross Profit] / [Measures].[Price Total]))

GP% diff vs prior year:

[Measures].[eGP%] - [Measures].[eGP% Prior Year]

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:41 PM
  • Sorry, I guess I should've been more precise when I said "custom measure".

What I meant was a custom measure in Desktop Professional.  Right-click on your measure in the setup pane and select "New Measure".  Select a Custom Formula measure.  Insert your measure by highlighting it in the measure list and clicking the red arrow.  Then for the Format drop-down at the top of the wizard, select "0%".  Then use this measure in place of your AS-defined measure in your chart.

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:48 PM
  • You're my hero Ray!  That's working great! (and i've learned a new proclarity trick to add to the ole toolbox)

Monday, March 17, 2008 4:54 PM
  • It's been a bit since I've worked with AS 2000, but I believe you can format calculated members from the "Advanced" tab in the cube editor.  For the "Format String" property, you'd set it to "Percent".  Ray's suggestion will certainly work, as you've found, but if you'd like to format it in the cube, the properties for the measure should provide you that option.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:44 PM