Problems with Custom Sounds In Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to customize my log in and log out sounds on windows. I go into the control

panel then to sound then sounds and choose a custom sound for the startup. I have converted the file I would like into .WAV and it still wont work I'd appreciate any help on this subject. 

File info:

Wave Sound (.wav), 8.70 MB (9,123,412 bytes), Duration 34 secs.

Thursday, July 8, 2010 4:03 AM

Answers

• Maybe you would like to change the startup/shutdown sound but not the logon/logoff sound. I would like to tell you that the startup/shutdown sound cannot be customized. You need some helps from third party tools. You can refer:

Change Windows 7 Startup Sound 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, July 16, 2010 8:47 AM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 8:32 AM

All replies

• Maybe you would like to change the startup/shutdown sound but not the logon/logoff sound. I would like to tell you that the startup/shutdown sound cannot be customized. You need some helps from third party tools. You can refer:

Change Windows 7 Startup Sound 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, July 16, 2010 8:47 AM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 8:32 AM
    1. From the Start menu, select Control Panel.

Note: If this doesn't match what you see, refer to About navigation settings in Windows.

2. Click Hardware and Sound. Under "Sound", click Change system sounds.
    3. Under "Program", click Windows Logon. You can select a sound from the "Sounds:" drop-down menu, or click Browse... to select a .wav file. If you don't want Windows to play any sound during startup, either uncheck Play Windows Startup sound or choose (None) in the "Sounds:" drop-down menu.

www.frupis.com

http://frupis.com/10-amazing-ipad-apps/

Saturday, July 17, 2010 9:07 PM