Question about backing up and restoring windows azure virtual machines using blob snapshots RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,  I'm looking at the following article

Backup and Restore Windows Azure Virtual Machines using BLOB Snapshots

gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Backup-and-Restore-Windows-c928fa13

I run into issues running the scripts supplied in the article, specifically,  I get something like this :

+         throw "An error occurred trying to obtain the virtual machine named $virtualMa ...

+    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (An error occurr... cloud service.:String) [], RuntimeException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : An error occurred trying to obtain the virtual machine named (redacted host name) information in the (redacted cloud service name) cloud service

I am new to powershell but it seems that the issues are in the following snippet of code:

Write-Host "Using file: $subscriptionDataFile "
     # Set the Windows Azure Subscription Context to the desired subscription
     Select-AzureSubscription -SubscriptionName $subscriptionName -SubscriptionDataFile $subscriptionDataFile

# Get the requested Windows Azure Virtual Machine
     $vm = Get-AzureVM -ServiceName $cloudServiceName -Name $virtualMachineNameershell

I'm a bit stuck, can anyone assist me in resolving this issue

Regards

Eric

Monday, August 26, 2013 6:32 PM

All replies

• Have you checked the name of the VM and the servicename? It seems that any VM as specified as the Name parameter is found.
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 2:50 PM