none
No Time-phased cost analysis - Project server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am working on this new Project server 2103 Portfolio analysis through project online.
    Currently trying to understand analyse Resource and analyse Cost .
    in Portfolio analysis section.

I have a question regarding portfolio analysis.

Q. I can see the time-phased resource data in "requirement details" in "Analyse Resources" tab. But just like in cube        which allows us to see time-phased cost data, why can't i see any option in "Analyse Cost" tab.
        I mean for analyzing cost, i want to see project budget and Proposed cost data for projects month-wise or 
        quarterly that is planned to be spent on the projects in order to analyse my portfolio.

Hope you understood my query.

Thanks.

sandeep

Friday, July 18, 2014 11:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no timephased grid in the portfolio cost analysis. You could achieve it doing a custom report with Excel Services or SSRS.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, July 18, 2014 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately, there is no timephased grid in the portfolio cost analysis. You could achieve it doing a custom report with Excel Services or SSRS.

Hope this helps,

Friday, July 18, 2014 1:03 PM
  • Thanx Rouyre,

Interesting. Actually that is what people asking for to see cost timephased data in their portfolio analyisis.

Could you please guide me in detail how to achieve this with excel services and attach that report as a tab in portfolio analysis. 

sandeep

Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:49 AM
  • Hi Sandeep,

It really depend on your need. Once reporting (Excel Service or SSRS) configured on your 2013 instance. You can for example start from one of the Excel sample reports or templates available out of the box and add any relevant information (cost, budget cost per time periods per projects or skills).

Then I don't think you can add a tab in the portfolio analysis views. You could add a button in the ribbon.

Hope this helps,

Saturday, July 19, 2014 5:30 PM
  • Feel free to look at the reporting section of my blog for a number of reporting ideas and step by step tutorials.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky

Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:29 AM
  • Guillaume and Andrew, 

Thanks a lot for help.

sandeep

Monday, July 21, 2014 5:53 AM