IE9 is hanging continually RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a big problem with IE9, I've been looking at all the advice and trying it but it's not helping.  It keeps hanging, relatively consistently but not completely consistently.  After a couple of clicks, I have to bring it down and back up again. This has been happening on many sites. 

What I've tried:

1. Turn off Add-ons

2. Turn off Extensions

3. Run in compatibility mode

4. Uninstall/Reinstall

5. MS Fix It (which doesn't seem to do anything)

6. Reset of Internet Explorer Settings

7. Cleared cache, just because I'm trying everything I can think of.

8. Harassed the devs

I'm on a Windows 7, 64bit box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm running software that is on one server and the database on another.

Thanks!

-Karin

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:35 PM

Answers

• Thanks Leo!

The issue appears to be a GPU rendering issue.  One of my devs figured it out based on other weirdness having to do with Java.  I tried to update the graphics driver but was having problems.

Workaround:

Get into your Internet Explorer Options, Click Advanced, and then check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

Hope this helps everyone!

-Karin

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, July 15, 2011 9:16 AM
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:54 PM

All replies

• One of the things I just noticed is that when I have the Developer Tools activated, then it doesn't hang.  If I turn it off, it hangs.  However, turning it back on does not remove the hang, I still have to restart.
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, that seem the issue related with program conflict.

Please logon with Safe Mode with networking or Clean Boot to see if the same issue occurs.

Also temporally remove the developer tools. By the way, what’s the version of developer tool? Did it third party tools?

If the issue persist, try to remove IE9 and use IE8 for test.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:18 AM
  • Thanks Leo!

The issue appears to be a GPU rendering issue.  One of my devs figured it out based on other weirdness having to do with Java.  I tried to update the graphics driver but was having problems.

Workaround:

Get into your Internet Explorer Options, Click Advanced, and then check Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering.

Hope this helps everyone!

-Karin

• Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, July 15, 2011 9:16 AM
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:54 PM