none
MDT 2013 U1 - Deployment stops after processing rules RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning / afternoon,

I've a strange issue with MDT 2013 U1. The server is new, I'm just trying to build the reference image on a virtual machine. We would like to deploy Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bits. I've a task sequence for the build, in which I have enabled Windows Updates, disabled Bitlocker (won't be used at all) and GPO. I've added a script to cleanup the system before Sysprep, and that's all.

The problem is that I cannot get the deployment working. After the boot in PXE, I see the bootstrap settings processed, I see the custom settings processed.. And the deployment stops at that point. I just have the grey background and that's all. I've no logs in the share created for that. Here is my customsettings:

[Settings] 
    Priority=Default

[Default] 
    _SMSTSORGNAME=ORGNAME
    OSInstall=YES
    SkipAppsOnUpgrade=NO
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerName=YES
    SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    UserDataLocation=AUTO
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    SkipTaskSequence=NO
    SkipTimeZone=YES
    SkipApplications=NO
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipSummary=NO
    SkipBDDWelcome=NO
    SkipCapture=NO
    DoCapture=YES
    SkipFinalSummary=NO

UILanguage=fr-fr
    UserLocale=fr-ch
    InputLocale=100c:0000100c
    KeyboardLocale=100c:0000100c

TimeZone=110
    TimeZoneName=W. Europe Standard Time 

JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP
    EventService=http://MDTSERVER:9800

SLShare=\\SERVERIPADDRESS\logs$\bdekey\%serialnumber%-PC
    SLShareDynamicLogging=\\SERVERIPADDRESS\logs$\bdekey_dlogs\%serialnumber%-PC

I tried without the event logging, Bitlocker enabled and disabled, tried to make a new deployment share, tried to set the task sequence ID to use in the custom settings, but no luck..

Does anyone have an idea ?

Thank you.

• Edited by A_SW Tuesday, February 16, 2016 2:51 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:21 PM

Answers

• If you get a hang, best thing to do is to break into the cmd.exe prompt within WinPE by pressing F8.

Then search for the bdd.log file on one of the drives. Typically X:\minint or C:\minint. Then copy the bdd.log to a public share like one drive and share the link here.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:46 PM

All replies

• If you get a hang, best thing to do is to break into the cmd.exe prompt within WinPE by pressing F8.

Then search for the bdd.log file on one of the drives. Typically X:\minint or C:\minint. Then copy the bdd.log to a public share like one drive and share the link here.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:46 PM
  • Thank you, it helped me a much !

It was an access rights problem. I didn't notice nor think that Read/Write access should be given to group "Everybody" to the deployment share.. I thought that it was enough to give it to domain admins and the service account used for deployment.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:23 AM