RMS - No Email Address was found for the selected user or group on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a parent domain called "Domian.loc"and and two child domains named "girl.domain.loc" and "boy.domain.loc"I have installed SQL Server 2008 Server R2 and RMS server, both in the domain "girl.domain.loc. "

All domain controllers "domain.loc","girl.domain.loc"and "boy.domain.loc" arein Windows Server2008 R2 StandardEdition SP1 x64in English, andthe RMS serverand SQL Server2008 R2 are Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise EditionSP1 x64 inEnglish.

When I try to Create Distributed Rights Policy template, and give permissions to users and domain groups "girl.domain.loc"I have not problems,but when I try to give permissions to users of the other child domain,"boy.domain.loc"or the parent domain"domain.loc "error message appears "No Email Address was found for the selected user or group."

The potential solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2314467/en-us don't work, because already using Service Pack 1 of Windows Server 2008 R2, when trying to install get the message "the update is not applicable to your computer ".

And check ports and are OK, and check DNS resolution and connectivity check Ldap (LDP) and also if I have given the MAIL attribute any domain user from "boy.domain.loc"

I needsome help here

Thanks.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:23 AM

Answers

• This was the response from microsoft

As discussed here is the summary of the problem you are experiencing:

When adding groups to templates in the ADRMS console, the object picker has a bug that only allows email resolution to be accomplished by using a user that is a member of the specific domain being queried. There is another workaround to this bug which is to enter the whole email address of the user or group and not to allow the object picker to try to resolve the address.

This item was filed as a bug, and after investigating the issue, the product group rejected fixing the bug because the determined it would break more issues than it would fix, and the volume of customers having this bug did not meet the bar to be fixed.

They are however fixing this in the next release of the product.

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:34 AM

All replies

• Hi

Just to verify, if instead of the domain_name\user_name, you directly input the email address does it still give the same error?

Assuming all users have an email address assigned to them.

PS: interesting choice of domain names

Blog Link: http://blogs.cyquent.ae | Follow us on Twitter: @cyquent

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Hi, thanks for your reply.

If, as I write direct mail from the person, the template works. in this case would be an appropriate solution to this problem. but the problem also happens when I assign custom permissions from each client Office of the domain "girl.domain.loc" to users of another domain.

This implementation is for many users, which should be just the name of the person to assign permissions, would be very difficult for everyone to learn all emails.

So I need to find a solution to this problem

Thanks

Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:30 AM
  • This was the response from microsoft

As discussed here is the summary of the problem you are experiencing:

When adding groups to templates in the ADRMS console, the object picker has a bug that only allows email resolution to be accomplished by using a user that is a member of the specific domain being queried. There is another workaround to this bug which is to enter the whole email address of the user or group and not to allow the object picker to try to resolve the address.

This item was filed as a bug, and after investigating the issue, the product group rejected fixing the bug because the determined it would break more issues than it would fix, and the volume of customers having this bug did not meet the bar to be fixed.

They are however fixing this in the next release of the product.

Monday, June 13, 2011 4:34 AM