none
WorkFlow problem in PS2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have created a Sharepoint 2013 Workflow-Project Server workflow type. It worked fine and I have been itereating thru it, modifying and fine tuning the workflow.

    I then had the bright idea to tidy up unwanted data. I deleted all items in the Project Server Workflow task list and all items in the Project Server Workflow History list.

    Now when the workflow runs, and it does run without any errors in sharepoint, the workflow task list is no longer populated and therefore approvals cannot occur. Interestingly the history list continues to be populated with appropriate logging messages.

    I am gussing there is a link between my workflow task list and workflow manager which I have broken.

    So how do I "reset" this situation

    Thx

    Mike


    Mike Mahoney

    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:09 PM

Answers

  • I have discovered the cause of the problem. Deleting workflow records was not the issue.

    I had "improved" my workflow by adding logging information and more text in the Description field for the workflow task. The content of the task description can be built up using Add or Change Lookup button. I had added an email reference [%Project Data:Project Owner Email%].  The account referenced did not have an email address.

    The error was actually highlighted on Project Detail Page by clicking on "Additional Workflow Data".  It showed an internal status of cancelled, so none of the lists were getting updated. Hovering over the icon displayed a whole bunch of stuff which pointed at a "Project Property not found".

    Thx

    Mike


    Mike Mahoney

    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:56 PM

All replies

  • Change the project type from workflow to basic and then back to workflow.

    See if that clear out the workflow data.


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:07 PM
    Moderator
  • I have discovered the cause of the problem. Deleting workflow records was not the issue.

    I had "improved" my workflow by adding logging information and more text in the Description field for the workflow task. The content of the task description can be built up using Add or Change Lookup button. I had added an email reference [%Project Data:Project Owner Email%].  The account referenced did not have an email address.

    The error was actually highlighted on Project Detail Page by clicking on "Additional Workflow Data".  It showed an internal status of cancelled, so none of the lists were getting updated. Hovering over the icon displayed a whole bunch of stuff which pointed at a "Project Property not found".

    Thx

    Mike


    Mike Mahoney

    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:56 PM