Exchange Server 2013 NDR message from IMCEASYSTEM-System+20Administrator@local RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are facing mail delivery issue on few Users and we are getting NDR messages with below

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

User.

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message. Please try to resend the message later.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server:

/O=CONTOSO/OU=NY/cn=Recipients/cn=User
    Remote Server returned ''

We have analyzed Message tracking logs and found no traces for the Above mail or Subject name.

From Client side we have installed latest Updates to Clients and Since this issue happens randomly we have not checked in OWA.

We have 2 Exchange Server 2013 servers with Mailbox and CAS server role installed.

Please suggest.

Monday, March 27, 2017 1:06 PM

All replies

• Hi SonarPal,

Can you post the complete information about NDR? Because many reasons would cause the NDR, and the detailed information may give us more clues to narrow down the issue.

In general, there should be an enhanced status code in NDR, we can refer to the following article to understand these status codes: Common enhanced status codes .

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:40 AM
  • Hi Niko,

I have shared NDR which is not having any error Code.

Is there any chances that AD not responded at the time of Issue Occurred ?

Best Regards,

SonarPal

Thursday, March 30, 2017 4:13 AM
  • Hi SonarPal,

Not sure, but we can check if there is any error log in DC and Exchange servers at the same time, it could help us to troubleshoot.

Moreover, we can try to send the same message via OWA immediately, when getting the NDR next time, this would help us to narrow down whther this is an outlook client issue.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Wednesday, April 5, 2017 10:08 AM
    Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:51 AM
  • Anymore info, I am seeing the same error for a user. The user replied to an email and got this error:

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Mike K A problem occurred during the delivery of this message. Please try to resend the message later.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server:

/o=My Company/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=LegacyExchangeDNString for Mike K

Remote Server returned ''

That is it for the error message.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:04 PM
  • I have to join in as we have the same problem. Unfortunately this problem was not solved before, so anyone have an idea where to start from to find out why emails fail?
    Friday, February 23, 2018 11:02 AM